Friday, October 5, 2012

Giving, crocheting and just having fun...


Yeah…so shame on me for not keeping up a blog!  Life just doesn’t cooperate and give us enough time to do all that we need to do and still have extra time left over for blogs;)
I’ve been SO busy lately with crocheting… it’s been just crazy.  I started my business about 1 ½ years ago and it started out with just sewn items (burp rags, rag quilts, blankets, bottle covers, clothing, etc) and then in July of 2011 I taught myself how to crochet …and the rest is history.   I have purchased more yarn than any one person should ever be allowed to purchase … I have never looked to see what my “yarn bill” total has been for this past year but it’s well into the $1,000’s.  I have learned so much this past year and have come to really love crocheting baby items… it actually makes me want to have another baby …but luckily (for my husbands sake) I had my tubes tied when our last child was born (she’s 4 now!). 
Tonight I was able to kick back and do some sewing … a custom order diaper bag.  It turned out pretty darn cute….white chenille, blue chenille, brown minky and a cute little birdie cotton print ..carefully placed pattern and lots of snipping.  It feels good to do some sewing… I haven’t been able to do much of it lately as crocheting has taken my world by storm.  Here's some photos... it hasn't been washed yet so doesn't yet have that "rag" look to it ..but it'll be going in the wash just as soon as I finish up with this blog.


I have a craft fair coming up the first Saturday in November.  I am FAR from ready for it… I checked out my inventory yesterday only to find… I don’t have any!  So… guess I know what I’ll be doing over the next few weeks.  I did start to make some really sweet headbands (nylon headbands with tulle roses) in preparation for the craft fair… those will be part of the “Flowers for Brooklyn” project.  I am always trying to find ways to “give back”.  My husband always tells me that I give more than I get… but so long as I stay afloat, I’m okay with that.  This past month I’ve given away 7 hats, $35 in gift certificates and will be cutting another check for $100 to a Flowers  for Brooklyn recipient.  So I guess that’s around $300 worth of giveaways this past month.  God is good… …giving is essential.
Well, I’d hate to try and outdo myself on a long blog post!!  I’ll try and keep that up better from now on.. maybe post about the latest happenings, the cool things I’ve come across and the wonderful people I’ve met along the way.

Stay well everyone!

-Amy

1 comment:

  1. Great blog Amy!! I'm still amazed at your wonderful self-taught beautiful creations.. Looking forward to your winter collection.. ~Laura

    ReplyDelete