Tuesday, January 29, 2013

LS Happenings...

Whew..it's been awhile since I've blogged.  Have you ever had one of those months where you're super busy ...but it doesn't seem like you've accomplished much?  I had one of those months!

I managed to finish two toddler custom order cowboy hats yesterday.. both size 6-12m, both tan.  Right after I finished them, I realized one was supposed to be dark brown 6-12m and the other light brown 0-3m.  Really!?!?  I was so mad at myself...I'm going to re-do them both this coming weekend but this time, I'll do them right!   So I will either be selling the two tan ones on facebook or at Italy Ava..they are super cute.

This past weekend was rough- my wonderful Grandmother passed away on Sunday, January 27th.  I had the pleasure and honor of spending a few of her last hours with her the night before..many family members were there as well and I'm so glad I made the trip over to be with her...those are moments I'll never forget.  My Grandma was a quilter...she made quilts for her children, grandchildren and great grandchildren...they are the BEST quilts in the world.  I was really saddened on Sunday when I received the phone call that she had passed away... I moped around quite a bit.  Monday morning I woke up and had the urge to make quilts... I had a feeling it was Grandma visiting me ;)  So, I got out some quilting material and made the cutest little girl rag quilt...and then today I started on the cutest little boy rag quilt.  There is just something about making quilts that is soothing.  I put all of my attention in each piece I make regardless if it's a hairpiece, quilt, hat, etc. but I will admit that much more than my attention goes into my quilts... lots of love go into those..I am so stinking picky when I make those...they must be perfect and I mean absolutely perfect.  I guess it's like my materpieces when it comes to sewing..something that relaxes me and makes me forget about lifes challenges.  I have a feeling I'll be making a lot of quilts over the next few months:)  If you haven't purchased a little rag quilt for the little one in your life, I recommend it... between the costs and time put into the quilts, they are a steal at between $60 and $75..and the best part, they are a keepsake...an heirloom.

I recently posted that I took the plunge and ordered some beautiful little girl headbands that I will sell.  It'll be the very first thing that will not be handmade by me that I will be selling.  My intention behind that is to have more available for my customers and not be so limited in what I can offer to my customers.  I'm waiting (impatiently!!) for them to arrive.  If all goes well, I do plan on opening it up to ordering clothing as well .. I think it's a good fit for me.   Suggestions are always welcome... I want to make sure I'm ordering things that people love.  Pretty exciting!!

I'm still fairly busy with existing custom orders but am really trying to get caught back up so I can resume taking new orders.  I am also trying to keep things stocked up in my facebook album entitled "Available for Purchase" which are items that are available for immediate purchase.  I also have a selection of items at Italy Ava as well ...and the nice thing about going to Italy Ava is that you can not only get a cute baby gift, you can also find many things for yourself...pamper yourself with a new outfit:)

Well, that's it for now.  I'm off to hunt for a new DIY project to share with all of you!

Take care and be well!

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment