Wednesday, March 6, 2013

And the fun continues ..

Here we are, March 6th ..the day I get a call from the realtor letting us know that the closing date on our new home is on March 11th (MONDAY!!). 

I am excited ... and I'm also stunned because the reality of how much work this is going to be.  I will definitely be covered from head to toe in paint before this next month comes to a close... I'll probably have 50 bruises and scrapes, possibly some colored hair (from the paint!)...and exhaustion, total exhaustion.  It's going to be a long road/haul but it will be worth it.  Finally, there will be bittersweet moments.  The moment when we say goodbye to a home we have share so many memories in.  A home we brought babies home to .. a home we shed tears in, a home we filled with laughter and joy.  A home that truly means so much to us but one we ran out of room in.  Ironically, the new house we bought is almost identical in layout ... I suppose that's why we fell in love with it... it reminded us of "home".  It's easy to find a house but it's difficult to find a "home".  I will miss this little love shack!

Due to the fact that I will be moving, I will not be taking custom orders until we get settled in to the new home.  The good news is, I will FINALLY have a craft room.  I could hardly contain myself when I realized that there was enough rooms in the house for me to have a craft room... I am in heaven! I will have so much more room to create and be creative.  I will also have enough room to be able to display my work for those who stop by to pick up a gift for a baby shower, a gift for a friend's baby or a gift for their own little angel.  I absolutely love when customers drop by my home...it's so nice to get to meet my customers (most become friends!).  So if you ever want to drop by to see what I have on hand, please just let me know and do stop by ... you'll feel right at home :0).   I will announce when I can start taking custom orders again.. and in the meantime, there will be moments when I sit to take a break and do what I love (crochet, knit and sew!) so there will still be new items available for sale throughout the coming weeks.

I'm already starting to think about next Winter.  This past year I did my first annual "Cheer for Children" fund where I saught out a family with children that had fallen on hard times and I went to Sioux Falls and purchased toys for all of the children to give them (annoymously) at Christmas.  I had a couple of my customers donate money to the fund as well (THANK YOU, you made a difference in their lives!)!  I'm hoping to make that a bigger deal this year and am hoping to bring in more donations so WE can bring cheer to more children this Christmas.  If we can get this off the ground a little better this year, I will be looking for a few elves to go shopping with me this year to help buy the gifts!  I can assure you that the experience of buying gifts for kids in need is a feeling you will never forget .. the joy it brings will fill your heart, guaranteed.  This past year I purchased gifts for 4 children who had lost their mom to cancer last Fall... I was heartbroken when I heard their story and just could not imagine how those kids were feeling and I knew that even if I couldnt make a big difference, I had to at least try to make A difference.  So keep an eye out... I'll probably start campaigning for that around June! :)

Well, I suppose I better get going so I can pack.  I promise that once I'm all settled in to my new home, I'll have a few giveaways to celebrate!!   Thanks for tuning in ...

Be well!

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment